In Session With Dr. Diamond

In Session With Dr. Diamond
Teaching Loving Lessons

The Swan and the Butterfly

When people experience loss, especially the loss of a loved one what is usually felt, regardless if the people are adults or children, is a powerful mourning period. This is a natural response. However, another response is also possible: the celebration of what can not be taken away or ever lost. The loving, tender times that have been spent together, represented in the many years and experiences that will always live inside, in our memories. These precious memories, by choice, can be recovered at any time. This not only becomes a sensitive tribute to the loved one who has now moved on, but is also a strong building of positive feelings in the midst of loss. Also, while those we love are alive and present it is vital to remember that each moment together is such a gift, so connected in a loving way to the best of who we are. These emotional elements are essential for adults to teach to children. Then, in the face of loss, of any kind, we can all learn to remain intact - - in a loving way.

When I wrote the Swan and the Butterfly, I thought about the people I had lost in my life. I realized that what was most important was to focus on what could never be taken away from me - - the loving experiences with these people that would always live within me. I fervently hope that this book will help you and all of those close to you to have peace and comfort, too - - in the presence of any loss in your life. Also, remember that each moment is to be treasured.

Dr. Wayne C. Diamond

Saturday, March 27, 2010

To Our Friendship

No words I have can bring your presence back to earth. I am sad about this. As of lately I have been driving to the Chestnut Hill Quaker School to teach a class in communication. It is on Mermaid Lane very near where I used to go to see you, from time to time, through many years and tears of my life. I feel both a joy and a sadness when I arrive at the school. My aha! is that I miss you and the sound of your voice that was deep and warm, kind and understanding,reaching out to support and heal.

I realize you will always be there in my heart because although as colleagues we did not always agree, we did agree about the most important ingredient of life, "Love". Thank you for sharing your love with my son and me and so many others.

You were and will always be a special Friend that lives on in my heart.

Blessings to your beautiful family.
Dolly Mama

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I still go to my chiropractor in Chestnut Hill and the closer I get ... the closer the tears get to overflowing. Wayne and I always felt we would find the right home to move back to CH ... we loved the charming neighborhoods and the small town life. I can't imaging going back there now because it would be empty without Wayne.

    Wayne loved you and Jeff. He valued your friendship for so many years. Jeff had his admiration and concern--to say nothing about the pride he felt in the man he became!

    I appreciate your kindness and care in this difficult time. With love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.