Friday, January 29, 2010
The Life I've Always Wanted
I have so much to share and remember about Dr D ( my nickname for him- he had plenty of nicknames for me so it's only fair). I woke up this morning in a beautiful hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona next to the most wonderful woman I've ever dated. I felt joy as I held her in my arms and watched the morning light up our room. I felt excited for the new day. I was grateful for the life that I now share with her- a life full of love and adventure. As I write this I am amazed at the total transformation in my life from the man I was in 2005 when I first started working with Dr D. I was cynical, lonely and depressed. I was working at a job I hated and living in a town where I had no friends at all. He never gave up on me- and believe me, I tested him more than once to see if he would. The only thing that could make this day any better would be if I was in my weekly session with Wayne- which would have started 4 minutes ago. I miss him. But, what he said has been true- that nothing could take away what we shared. I'm so grateful for the time I spent in session with him. I look forward to reading what others shared and writing more at a later date. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The wonderful thing is that it is true ... nothing can take away what you shared with Wayne. It's in your heart, your mind, your life --- just like it is for so many of us. All the love, learning, growing and care cannot be taken away. Your story is pure joy and I loved reading it!
ReplyDelete